Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Is...

Summer is a lot of things: hot weather, wet swimsuits, beach vacations. Summer means no school, late evenings, and yards to mow. Summer means different things to different people, but for me, among other things, summer is...


laundry on the line,



windows open to the breeze,



hummingbirds at the feeder,



making hay while the sun shines,



petunias blooming on the porch,



pots of brilliant color in the yard,



fresh veggies on the table,




rain humming on the roof,



thunderstorms rolling through...



all of which, in one way or another, show me again and again that God is in control, and He is good!

Here's wishing you a sweet summer!



1 comment:

  1. yes indeed.

    Summer is all of these things and my goodness you've captured the heart of it my friend.

    :-)

    I had those same blue willow plate before children and now they are all broken.

    homegrown tomatoes look mighty fine on them.

    this post speaks summertime country living at it's finest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and hope you found a blessing at This Sweet Life!