Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Home Stretch

It's been a while since I last showed you the progress at The Guest House. I'm excited to say that we're "in the home stretch" now! The contractor and the electrician have finished up and the plumber should get the bathroom fixtures in tomorrow.

I've been busy with all the cleanup. One of the biggest jobs has been to clean the windows. There were twelve to clean, and now I have only one left. Whew! This afternoon I scrubbed a little on the sidelights around the front door, just to see what the old glass would look like when you can actually see through it. Not bad!



The stairs are beautiful



and the old telephone has found a home at last.



Our first post-renovation guests arrive September 10, so my goal is to have the downstairs all clean and ready for this couple, who will be celebrating their anniversary. 

The parlor, which is now a bedroom, has a new queen-size bed



and a dresser, among some other small pieces.



Grandfather's room, which is now the living room, has furniture as well:







And wonder of wonders, the dining room is now a dining room! The bed has been moved upstairs, and the dining table is in place, although it is covered with all the odds and ends of cleaning right now. But the corner cupboard is ready, dishes and all.



There's still a lot to be done, but the end is near. It won't be long until folks can once again enjoy this wonderful old house - all of it! Won't that be grand? Can't wait for you to come!



6 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy, how exciting! I am just thrilled for you, dear friend :) Thanks for sharing the progress of the home with us. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, you are such a teaser! I love all of these great hints of what each room actually looks like...lots of great antiques and some wonderful wallpaper, for sure! This looks like a great place to spend an anniversary, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope you share full pictures when you are finished as these ones are enticing me to see more. It's been quite a project for you but looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it all ready for your first guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I've been waiting to see this post for a while now. Glad it is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. Website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and hope you found a blessing at This Sweet Life!